In 1505, Dom Francesco de Almeida, the first Portuguese viceroy of India, built a fort here on a cliff overlooking the sea, with permission from the Raja. The fort was named ‘St Angelo’. This triangular structure is surrounded on all three sides by the sea and has a moat running all along its landward side. A row of cannons still stand, positioned seawards through portholes cut into the massive laterite walls. Ammunition dumps, stables, underground jails, secret tunnels to the sea, and an old, dilapidated chapel can also be seen.
Note It is located after Cantonment, near the Government Hospital.
Video Of angelo fort
Photos Of angelo fortof angelo fort
Map Of angelo fort
Hotels in Angelo
Tips of Angelo